Monday 18 September 2017

MISSING a gripping thriller full of stunning twists

Missing- Charlie Gallagher- 5 *

A man is about to jump off a bridge and commit suicide. In the town centre, a vehicle is being ploughed through the busy high street coming to rest in a cafe. The two incidents are linked and Sergeant Shaun Carter is the thread between the two- or so he thinks until the kidnapped persons are released and not who he thought they were. Shaun turns to George to help him out as George has had his own issues in the past as is an experienced Sergeant. This story gripped me from the start and I liked George who came out as a trustworthy, reliable chap with a sense of humour. A couple of gory scenes but otherwise a brilliant , cleverly written, easy read that I didn’t want to put down. I look forward to more from this author.I voluntarily chose to read this ARC and all opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...