Tuesday 28 November 2017



How to Speak Chicken: Why Your Chickens Do What They Do & Say What They Say
How to speak chicken- Melissa Caughey 4*
This would make a perfect gift for anyone with hens or an interest in them. The pages are wonderfully colourful, each one having a background of either feathers or claw prints. The photographs are a treasure and the narrative interesting (I speak as a long time OCD= obsessive chicken disorder). I knew hens had a language but not quite what. I may even have my own name my flock have given me! I think that this book would also be  suitable for children who have hens at home and so can learn more about them and their wonderful ways. It gives a history, lifecycle, needs, intelligence, eyesight, key skills etc etc. Whether you are a newbie to hens or a long time keeper you should find this book interesting. there are also some wonderful quotes: “All who wander are not lost”- J. R.R Tolkien. ” Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies”- Aristotle.  A perfect Christmas gift.

I voluntarily chose to read this ARC and all opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...